How To Give The Perfect Massage In 5 Easy Steps
A foot massage will help your client relax, relieve tension, and really enjoy the pedicure experience. She will also be likely to remember the pedicure as a treat she must repeat again, soon.
A total of 10-15 minutes should be spent on massage. Always remember to use the same steps. For maximum benefits, spend 5 minutes on each foot separately and 5 minutes on the feet together.
- Begin at the calf and work from bottom to top, using long strokes. Now start at the top of the calf and work down with long strokes.
- Get in between the toes and apply pressure, stroking your thumb in a downward direction. Return to the top of the toe, then work on to the next toe, massaging one toe at a time.
- At the ball and heel of the foot, make clockwise circles. If you know the technique, massage pressure points for the foot. Repeat each of the three steps.
- Rotate the ankle in large clockwise circles, then move it in counterclockwise circles. Push the foot toward the client and put it back to you.
- Wash each foot thoroughly for a smooth polish application.